SuperValu Getaway Breaks Customer Terms & Conditions
In the unlikely event that you encounter any service issues during your break, please inform the hotel during your stay, so that every opportunity can be made to rectify any issues. If your issue is still unresolved or if you have feedback regarding SuperValu Getaway Breaks you can email us at email@example.com during Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (excluding public holidays). Alternatively, you may write to us at:
Unit 3, Argyle Square
Please note that any assistance given by us in relation to complaints is by way of goodwill gesture in our capacity as agent or sub-agent for the accommodation provider
Due to Covid 19 Pandemic, our hotel partners implemented measures to mitigate any potential risks and followed the recommended guidelines from the HSE and the WHO. As of April 1st 2022, you will no longer need to pre-book meals or swimming pool sessions in advance. You are no longer required to produce an EU Digital Covid Cert to check into a hotel.
We will continuously work to protect our customers and the hotel. In the event of a COVID-19 related cancellation, we will cancel your break for you. Deposits will no longer be put on hold, however, you can get a free transfer within the same hotel.
Booking Your Break
- When you book a break, it constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Digibreaks acts as an agent of the hotel when you make a booking and Digibreaks accepts no responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you due to over-booking errors, oversights or delays in processing payment, or service issues at participating accommodation for which Digibreaks has no direct responsibility.
- When you make a booking with SuperValu Getaway Breaks you must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking, and possess the legal capacity and authority to book as the lead name (if you are booking on behalf of an individual or a group). You are guaranteeing that you understand and have the authority to accept, and do accept, on behalf of your party these Terms and Conditions, together with any terms and conditions of accommodation providers that may apply, which constitute the entire agreement between us.
- All offers are subject to promotional availability.
- All participating hotels are approved and graded by Fáilte Ireland.
- Last minute bookings: You can book a hotel up to 10am on your arrival day, subject to availability. Please reach out to the hotel directly prior to your booking when making a same day booking to ensure availability.
- If you make a booking with SuperValu Getaway Breaks, it will be subject to further terms and conditions of the individual accommodation provider with whom your booking is made, some of which may limit or exclude liability, and including cancellation and "no show" charges (see CANCELLATIONS section below). These terms and conditions can normally be accessed online by visiting the website of the relevant accommodation provider.
- We will only deal with the lead booking name in all subsequent correspondence and dealings, and this means that you are responsible for making all payments due, ensuring the accuracy of all personal details and other information supplied in respect of yourself and your party, notifying us of any changes, amendments or cancellations and for receiving correspondence and keeping your party informed about the booking and any changes to it
- As of May 19th 2022, you will no longer earn Real Rewards points when booking with SuperValu Getaway Breaks. This won’t affect any bookings made before this date. If you book a break for an arrival date after May 19th 2022, we will apply all points owed.
- Where you have additional requirements, you must ensure that the accommodation of your choice satisfies such requirements and you have requested these at the time of booking. Please ensure that you view the accommodation provider's terms and conditions. The accommodation provider's terms and conditions can normally be accessed online by visiting the website of the relevant provider.
Our Right to Cancel your Booking
- SuperValu Getaway Breaks reserves the right to cancel any reservation, regardless of whether a confirmation email has been received by you due to any overbooking, pricing or hotel system error.
- We are not under any obligation to offer an explanation for the cancellation but reasons may include, but are not limited to, any overbooking of the hotel or system error.
- Where we cancel your reservation pursuant to the above, we will return to you any payment you have made to us via the original payment method used by you.
- We will always try and find you a suitable alternative accommodation, date or length of stay. In case an agreement cannot be made, we will refund you any payment you have made.
Should you need to cancel your booking you may do so on SuperValu Getaway Breaks using the 'My Bookings' tool or by emailing the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. All cancellations will result in the loss of your booking deposit, processing fee and loss of your Real Rewards Points. Cancellations made within the minimum cancellation period will incur the loss of the booking deposit, processing fee and you will also be charged a late cancellation fee by the accommodation provider (please see below). Cancellations outside of the original hotel booked will incur a loss of the booking fee and processing fee. By making the booking you accept and agree that if you incur a late cancellation fee/ "no show" charge, you are authorizing your payment card to be charged.
- Please note, outside of office hours, i.e. at the weekends, during bank/public holidays, etc., cancellations must be done via the 'My Bookings' tool and not via the Call Centre or the hotel directly. Failure to cancel through my booking tool will result in cancellation charges.
- Failure to arrive for a confirmed booking will result in a cancellation or "no show" charge by the accommodation provider of the cost of the first nights' stay in accordance with the accommodation provider's own terms and conditions.
- Where you are liable for late cancellation fees and failure to arrive ("no show") we reserve the right to contact you on behalf of the accommodation provider regarding payment of such fees.
- The minimum cancellation period for hotel breaks is less than 48 hours prior to 6 p.m. on your scheduled day of arrival.
- Cancellations within the minimum cancellation period or failure to arrive for a confirmed booking will result in a cancellation charge of the cost of the first night's stay in accordance with the hotel's own terms and conditions
- A 50% cancellation charge will be applied to holiday home booking cancellations made 6 weeks prior to your arrival date. If you cancel less than 6 weeks prior to arrival, or if you book your break within 6 weeks of your arrival date and then cancel, a 100% cancellation charge applies.
- If your hotel booking is cancelled due to a hotel closure we will endeavour to rearrange your booking to a more suitable hotel or date, as soon as possible.
Changes to Bookings
- If you need to change your dates, you can do so free of charge only within the same hotel. However, you my have to pay the difference in price from one date to another. If you would like to change your dates for a different hotel, you will lose your booking deposit.
- Changes to your hotel booking can only be made up to 48 hours prior to the commencement of your break. These changes will incur a transfer fee equivalent to the booking deposit and processing fee.
- Note: If you change dates at the hotel originally booked you will not incur a transfer fee.
- You can review your booking online at www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com at any time using the 'My Booking' tool.
- Do not contact the hotel directly to make a change to your booking. Changes to the date of travel or choice of hotel must be made through SuperValu Getaway Breaks Support Team at email@example.com.
Credit Card/ Debit Card
- A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking which payment can be made by Credit Card or Debit Card.
- 'Digibreaks Ltd' along with the name of your chosen property will appear as a debit on your payment card statement.
- You will be responsible for the payment of the balance due and any additional costs to the accommodation provider on arrival.
- The booking deposit, which is included in the price of the break and a processing fee of €2.95 per transaction (not included in the booking deposit), will be charged to your payment card at the time of booking.
- This is collected by Digibreaks on behalf of the accommodation provider at the time of booking.
- Prices are charged per room and meals included are based on the offer and room type booked.
- If you have booked accommodation which includes B&B or B&B+Dinner please be advised meals for children are not included but can be availed of at a discounted rate during your stay of €5/£3.50 for breakfast and €9/£6.50 for dinner (main course + ice cream).
- For children over the stated age limit (12 years), there may be a charge for accommodation; this is at the discretion of the hotel. This and other special requests may be made at the time of your booking.
- Our Family rooms accommodate 2 adults and 2 children, there is as additional charge for a third child under the age of 12 years subject to availability of approx. €25 room only.
- A single traveller can avail of any of our offers at the normal price.
- Sale Offer Hotel Breaks: 2 nights including breakfast in 3 and 4 star hotels. Sale Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the offer. Offer dates will be clearly stated on the offer pages.
- Kids Stay Free Offer: Children must be under 12 years of age. Up to 2 children under the age of 12 stay free when sharing a room with 2 adults in select hotels, during the sale period.
- Free Breakfast Offer: For children under 12 years of age in select hotels only. Only 2 children per family allowed.
- Prices advertised reflect our lowest midweek rates.
- Only one promotional code can be used per booking and not in conjunction with any other offer.
- Promotional codes can only be used against new bookings and must be applied at the checkout at the time of booking. They cannot be applied later to existing bookings.
- Book and stay-by dates will vary for individual promotional codes. Please refer to offer details for information about book and stay by dates for each promotional code.
Types of Accommodation & Room Occupancy
Where available, the following Accommodation and Room Occupancy types will be found on the SuperValu Getaway Breaks website:
- Types of Hotel Accommodation and Room Occupancy:
- Twin Room - accommodates 2 adults and 1 child under 2 in a cot;
- Double Room - accommodates 2 adults and 1 child under 2 in a cot;
- Family Room - accommodates 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12. Family Rooms will have 1 double bed, single bed and fold out child bed. A cot can also be requested for a third child.
- Please note, where a cot is required, it must be expressly requested by you at the time of booking.
- Where stated 'two persons sharing' the accommodation will be for a double or twin room.
- Our properties can accommodate from 4 to 8 people.
- Prices start from €299 per break from October to April, from €499 in May & June and from €650 in July & August.
- Short terms rentals from 3 to 5 nights can be availed of at the full seasonal Holiday Home rate.
- Please contact your holiday home provider for details about check-in and checkout times.
- A minimum security deposit of €150 must be paid to the holiday home provider on arrival.
- Additional Utility charges will apply and rates will vary per property.
- You will be contacted 6 weeks prior to arrival at your holiday home by the holiday home owner for balance of payment. Where booking and arrival date is less than 6 weeks full payment will be requested shortly after you make your booking.
- Any additional services required from the holiday home provider must be arranged with the provider in accordance with their policy.
- Some holiday home providers allow pets. Please contact the holiday home provider for information about their pet policy.
Hotel Break Definitions
- B&B Hotel Breaks: nightly bed and breakfast rate in 3, 4, 4+ & 5 star hotels.
- B&B + Dinner Hotel Breaks: 1, 2 or 3 nights including breakfast and one evening 4 course meal (one course is tea or coffee) per adult (based on 2 adults sharing) in 3, 4 & 5 star hotels.
- Sale Offer Hotel Breaks: 2 or 3 nights including breakfast in 3 and 4 star hotels. Sale Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the offer. Offer dates will be clearly stated on the offer pages.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Promotions are open to entrants over 18 years of age and that are resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- Employees of SuperValu and connected members of their families and employees of Digibreaks are excluded from the competition.
- Persons entering the competition will be deemed to have accepted any terms and conditions related to the competition.
- Entries must be strictly in accordance with terms and conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with terms and conditions will be deemed to be invalid and no prizes will be awarded in respect of any such entry.
- SuperValu accepts no responsibility or liability for entries or information relating to entries that are lost.
- The winning entry will be picked at random from valid entries received. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Where the prize is a hotel break no cash or other alternative will be offered and prizes are non-transferable.
- SuperValu reserves the right at its sole discretion to alter any prize or substitute the prize with cash to the same value for any reason and without notification. In the event that the winner declines the prize awarded to him/her or SuperValu is unable to contact the winner after reasonable efforts have been made, SuperValu may award the prize to another entrant, selected at random.
- By accepting the prize, the winner grants SuperValu the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as SuperValu may choose (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- SuperValu is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner or any other person with whom the winner shares or gives the prize. Please allow up to 21 days for prize delivery. If you haven't received your prize within that time frame please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By entering a competition, you agree that SuperValu may contact you with updates on SuperValu products and/or services via email, SMS, telephone or any other manner. Should you wish to be removed from the contact list, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- SuperValu reserves the right to suspend or terminate a competition or amend these terms and conditions at any time for any valid, technical or commercial reason.
Data Protection, Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- We shall collect and process any personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and in accordance with our Privacy Statement. Please see our Privacy Statement and Cookies Policy for more information.
- By taking a Getaway Break and opting in to receive our marketing communications you conﬁrm that you consent to receive marketing communications from or approved by SuperValu.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland we and you submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts. This will not prevent us from pursuing a claim for breach of contract, copyright infringement or otherwise in respect of these Terms and Conditions.
- We make no promise that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Ireland and accessing the Site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this Site from locations outside Ireland, you do so, on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- WARNING: When accessing our site through an insecure network please note that all communications on such a network are vulnerable to eavesdropping. Unencrypted connections, particularly those to social networking sites, are easily hijacked by a third party. To ensure privacy and integrity of your information, please use a secure private network known to you before providing personal information through these types of networks.