SuperValu Getaway Breaks Updates Regarding COVID-19
We know this is an unsettling period for all and it is important to us that we offer support and reassurance to our customers during this time. We will work with all hotel and holiday home bookings to help reschedule your dates or you can use your deposit credit going forward against a future booking date within the next 12 months. Please let us know at least 48 hours in advance of your stay if you think you will not make it. Any increase in your hotel or holiday home cost will be charged should you wish to reschedule at a later date.
Please contact SuperValu Getaway Breaks customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to help you with any questions regarding your booking.
Health and Safety in Hotels
Due to Covid 19 Pandemic our hotels have implemented measures to mitigate any potential risks and are following the recommended guidelines from the HSE, WHO and the Irish Government Regulations. These measurements are effective from 29th of June 2020 and will be in place until future notice. Presently all hotels require pre-booking of all meals and swimming pool sessions in advance. Contact the hotel you booked directly to book in your leisure centre or breakfast/dinner booking. Every hotel has implemented their own unique steps, therefore please contact hotels directly to hear more about their policies. Some of the measures hotels have taken include:
- Introducing breakfast time slots which need to be pre-booked, to reduce capacity in the dining areas
- Offering a ‘breakfast in room’ option
- Leisure centres are only open within hotels if they are safe to do so
- Pre-booking required for swimming pools & gyms
- No changing rooms or shower facilities in leisure centres
- No use of sauna/steam room and jacuzzi in leisure centres
- No kids club
- Freely available hand sanitizer
- Express check in & check out
- Social distancing in public areas
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions, we hope you find them helpful. If, however, any questions remain unanswered, please contact us at email@example.com. Please provide your booking reference and email address in the email to assist us with your query.
What our FAQs cover:
About SuperValu Getaway Breaks & Joining SuperValu Getaway Breaks as a Provider
Booking a Getaway Break
Finding an Offer to Suit Your Needs
Earning Real Rewards Points
Accommodation Policies & Facilities
Changing &/or Cancelling Your Break
About SuperValu Getaway Breaks
1. What’s the benefit of booking a SuperValu Getaway Break?
SuperValu Getaway Breaks offers you great value all year round on hotel and holiday home breaks. Not only can you save money on quality Getaways, Real Rewards members can also collect 1 Real Reward point for every €1 spent on a Getaway Break. For example, if you book a 2-Night B&B hotel break for €149, you not only save on your break, you also earn 149 points that can be used across any of SuperValu’s Real Rewards partners!
2. What type of breaks are available?
You can book the following breaks with SuperValu Getaway Breaks:
- B&B Hotel Breaks: 1, 2, or 3 night breaks in 3 and 4 star hotels
- B&B + Dinner Hotel Breaks: 1, 2, or 3 night breaks in 3 and 4 star hotels with dinner 1 evening
- Luxury Collection: 1, 2 or 3 night B&B breaks in premium 4 star and 5 star hotels
- Holiday Home Breaks: 3 night, 5 night or 7 night breaks
3(a). What room types are available in hotels?
Types of Hotel Accommodation and Room Occupancy:
- Twin Room - accommodates 2 adults and 1 child under 2 in a cot;
- Double Room - accommodates 2 adults and 1 child under 2 in a cot;
- Family Room - accommodates 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12. Family Rooms will have 1 double bed, single bed and fold out child bed. A cot can also be requested for a third child. Please note, availability of family rooms is limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Please note, where a cot is required, it must be expressly requested by you at the time of booking.
3(b). Additional Charges:
There is as additional charge for a third child under the age of 12 years of €25 room only.
For children over the stated age limit (12 years), there may be a charge for accommodation; this is at the discretion of the hotel.
If you have booked accommodation which includes B&B or B&B+Dinner please be advised meals for children are not included but can be availed of at a discounted rate during your stay of €5/£3.50 for breakfast and €9/£6.50 for dinner (main course + ice cream).
4. What are the standards of hotels and holiday homes on offer?
All hotels and holiday homes participating in the SuperValu Getaway Break promotion are Fáilte Ireland approved. Hotels on offer include 3, 4 & 5 star properties.
5. Can I have a list of hotels and holiday homes?
We do not provide lists of hotels or holiday homes, please explore what is available at the moment by using the search box on our homepage.
6. Why are some hotels more expensive than others?
This is driven by customer demand. With the exception of our Luxury Hotels, the only way we can ensure that you can book a hotel in demand with SuperValu Getaway Breaks is to offer it at a higher rate.
7. I am a manager of a hotel/holiday home and would like to join SuperValu Getaway Breaks.
We would be delighted to discuss this further with you, please contact our hotel support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking a Getaway Break
1. Can anyone book a SuperValu Getaway Break?
Yes, anyone can book a Getaway Break. There is an extra benefit if you are a Real Rewards member, however. You can earn points with each booking you make (€1 = 1 point).
2. Do I need points to book a break?
No points are required to book a break. Real Rewards members can now earn points with each euro you spend on booking a break.
3. How can I book a SuperValu Getaway Break?
You can book on our website or you can email our travel experts on email@example.com. Opening hours are as follows: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and excluding public holidays and weekends.
4.How do I search for a break online?
Please use the search box on the homepage. Simply complete the following steps:
- Select your preferred location and break type from the drop down menu (there is an option to select all if you don’t have anything particular in mind).
- Enter your dates, number of nights and people travelling.
- Click "Search Breaks".
The break options are very straight forward, your hotel booking will either include: breakfast or breakfast and dinner on one evening.
You will know this by referencing the offers available at your selected hotel. Simply select whichever one suits you best!
5. How do I book with a break with more than 2 children?
Please contact our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a hotel break with more than 2 children.
6. How do I know if the hotel has the facilities I require (e.g. parking, babysitting services, etc.)?
Our hotel/holiday home pages provide you with information on the facilities available under each hotel description. If the information you require is not specified, please contact our call centre.
7. How do I know that my reservation is confirmed?
When you complete your reservation online, an instant on-screen confirmation will appear. It will show your reservation details including your Booking Reference Number. We advise that you print out this document for your records. If you book by phone, you will be given a Booking Reference Number at the end of the booking process. A confirmation email will also be sent if an email address is provided. Simply present this booking confirmation to the hotel at check-in.
8. Can I make a last-minute booking?
You can book most of our Getaway Breaks online up to 24 hours before your arrival date. For the following breaks however, you must contact our Call Centre:
- Really last minute bookings – up to 3pm on the date of arrival. Please reach out to the hotel prior to arrival when making a same day booking.
- Holiday home bookings within 3 days of arrival.
9. I want to earn points with my booking, where do I find my Real Rewards number?
Your Real Rewards number can be found on the front of your Real Rewards fob key.
10. Where do I enter my Real Rewards number online?
You will enter your Real Rewards fob number when you are providing your personal and payment details to secure your booking.
Finding an Offer to Suit Your Needs
1. I only want to see hotels with WiFi. Is that possible? How can I do that?
Absolutely! When you have completed your search, you will see a list of hotels. This list can be filtered by clicking on the Filter Results button at the top of the page.
2. I am a single traveller; do you have a room for me?
Yes. Firstly, select a location and break, enter the date you want to travel, then simply enter 1 adult into your search and the system will return suitable rooms to you. A single traveller can avail of any of our offers at the normal price.
3. We have a family with 3 children; do you have an offer for us?
Yes, we do. Holiday homes are the most appropriate accommodation for your party size. If you wish to stay in a hotel, however, please contact our call centre and our travel experts will do their very best to assist you.
4. Can I book a break on a Bank Holiday or during other special event periods?
Offers are subject to availability and while it is year-round, it may be limited during bank holidays and other peak periods.
1. How do I pay for my SuperValu Getaway Break?
You can pay for your break using your debit or credit card.
2. Can I pay for my stay at the hotel with a different method than the one used to for my booking deposit?
Yes, you can pay at the hotel using the payment method of your choice that is accepted by the hotel. The payment details taken at the time of booking only apply to your booking deposit.
3. How do I use my promo code?
We have removed the promo code feature on our checkout page for the time being due to website development, please contact our customer care team at email@example.com to use your promo code.
Earning Real Rewards Points
1. How do I join Real Rewards?
You can join Real Rewards by picking up an application including fob form at your local participating SuperValu store. You can register your fob instore or online at supervalu.ie.
2. How do I know how many Real Rewards points I have earned with my booking?
Real Rewards members earn 1 point for every €1 spent. A message will appear throughout your online booking process stating how many points are earned. If you’re booking over the phone, our travel experts will keep you informed.
3. When will the Real Rewards points be populated onto my account?
Your points will appear on your account after you checked out of your booked accommodation. If your points don’t appear, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation Policies & Facilities
1. What do I need to bring to the hotel?
Simply bring a print out of your booking confirmation email to the hotel.
2. What are the check-in and check-out times of a hotel?
The check-in and check-out times differ by hotel and these are featured on our website, but as a guide, the check-in time is normally after 3 p.m. and check-out is before noon.
3. If I arrive late at the hotel, can I still check-in?
Yes. Our advice is that you should contact the hotel directly, but our bookings are guaranteed which means that the hotels are obliged to keep the room for the first night. If you do not show up for your break, the hotel is entitled to charge for one night's accommodation.
Changing and/or Cancelling Your Break
1. How can I cancel my booking?
Should you need to cancel your booking you may do so on our website by using the My Bookings tool at the top of the website or email us on email@example.com. All cancellations will result in the loss of your booking deposit, processing fee and your Real Rewards Points will not be allocated to your account. Cancellations made within the minimum cancellation period (less than 48 hours prior to 6 p.m. on arrival date) will also incur a late cancellation charge by the accommodation provider. See terms and conditions for more details.
Please note: If your booking was made prior to 15/01/2020, please get in touch with one of our team using one of the methods listed here
2. How can I change my booking?
For changes to bookings, you will need to contact our Support Team, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, please refer to the Terms and Conditions.
3. What if your call centre is closed and I need to cancel?
You should contact the hotel directly if it is an urgent cancellation, near to your arrival date and cancel your booking online using the My Bookings function found on our website.
4. How do I know that my booking has been cancelled?
After you have cancelled your booking, your cancellation will be noted and logged on our system. If you have supplied an email address at the time of booking, you will receive an email notifying you that your booking has been cancelled. The same reference number issued to your booking will apply to your cancellation.
Is your system secure?
Yes. Getaway Breaks uses the latest encryption technologies and payment processors to ensure all transactions are secure. Getaway Breaks is PCI Level 1 compliant which means that Getaway Breaks has adhered to global security standards that are designed to protect payment card information during and after a financial transaction.