Halloween events for all the family!
Halloween 2022 is just around the corner and to help you prepare for spooky season we’ve rounded up some family friendly Halloween events for the whole family to enjoy! Whether you’re looking for an outdoor festival, a crafty workshop, a serious scare or a simple family getaway this Halloween, we’ve some fun events and spooky stays planned out for you all across the country.
If you're looking for something the whole family can enjoy look no further than Púca Festival. Celebrate Halloween through the magic of folklore, food, myth, and music at the family friendly event. Spend the evening roaming the grounds of Trim castle or the town of Drogheda and take in the stunning light displays, Irish music, performers, dancers and all sorts of spooky entertainment! A magical night filled with mischief is sure to be had whatever your age. For full details check out their website here.
- Where: Athboy, Drogheda, Slane, Trim
- Where to stay: Newgrange Hotel, Johnstown House Estate, Knightsbrooks Hotel, Fairways Hotel & The D Hotel Drogheda
- When: Friday 28th October to Monday 31st of October
Halloween Spooktacular at the Irish National Stud
The Irish National Stud & Gardens will host its annual Halloween Spooktacular this Halloween! You can expect some Halloween crafts, magic shows and spooky storytelling and kids are encouraged to dress up in their scariest costumes! Their spooky tunnel experience is suitable for all ages and all of the normal attractions are still open, including the chance to meet the Living Legends team, join a guided tour, walk the fairy trail, or stroll through the Japanese Gardens' stepping stones for hours of outdoor fun! Click here for full deails.
- Where: Irish National Stud & Gardens, Tully, Kildare, Co. Kildare R51 KX25
- Where to stay: Moyvalley Hotel & Barberstown Castle Hotel
- When: Saturday 29th October to Wednesday November 2nd, 10am – 1pm
Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
This year, Bunratty Castle and Folk Park will mark the festival of Samhain in their own unique way. The focus will be on the old Irish traditions associated with this time of year. Visitors are invited to come and experience a traditional Halloween with a few twists from time traveling characters specially arrived to add the haunting. So for the perfect day out for all the Family, click here to get your tickets
- Where: Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, County Clare
- Where to stay: Treacy’s West County Hotel Ennis, Co Clare, The Old Ground Hotel Ennis, Co. Clare, The Clayton Hotel Limerick & The Limerick City Hotel.
- When: Sat Oct 29th – Nov 2nd
The Nightmare Realm
If you're looking for something to get your heart racing, look no further than the nightmare realm! Perfect for families with older kids or teenagers. Survive the horrors of a deserted, run-down village trapped in time, complete with mysterious locals and terrifying creatures roaming the streets at night. Note this event is not suitable for little ones as it may be a little too scary! Click here to get your tickets
- Where: Mary's Lane - Mary's Ln, Dublin, Ireland
- Where to stay: Jurys Inn Parnell Street, Maldron Hotel Merrion Rd
- When: October 7th to 31st
Halloween Pumpkin Patches
Pumpkin patches in Grenagh and Cobh are currently taking reservations for a family day out! In Grenagh, small children can choose their own pumpkins, while in Cobh, they can attend a pumpkin carving camp. The Farm Grenagh will be a center of festive and spooky events from October 23rd to 31st as their pumpkin patch comes to life. One ticket includes the pumpkin experience, a farm stroll, access to a farm themed playground, and even a "Barrel Ride." Get your tickets today.
- Where: The Farm Grenagh and Cobh
- Where to stay: Rochestown Park Hotel & Clayton Hotel Silver Springs
- When: October 23rd – 31st
Handpicked Midterm Breaks
To celebrate the spooky season SuperValu Getaway breaks is giving you a treat! Book a minimum 2-night midterm getaway with SuperValu Getaway Breaks, and if you're bringing the kids, they'll stay for free! That's a saving of €30 per night! Prices start from only €80 per night. To take advantage of this deal, you must book a minimum two-night stay at a 3 or 4-star hotel before October 31st 2022, and stay by December 31st, 2022. See our handpicked midterm breaks here